Beautiful Beyond the Pain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction :)

Go down

Introduction :) Empty Introduction :)

Post by meganelizabeth Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Hey guys & gals! Thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Megan. I'm 27 and live in North Carolina. I have a long history of an eating disorder that started when I was 8. In 2009 I required inpatient treatment at an eating disorder facility. For the past 3-4ish years I have been in a strong recovery. I've seen a lot of friends from treatment flourish over the years and lead incredible lives in a solid recovery. I have also seen friends in and out of treatment centers for years. And then I have seen friends pass from their eating disorder. An eating disorder is a devastating illness, but recovery is possible.

I also have Crohn's Disease. My story is long, but the main thing I want everyone to know is that I am always here for you & that you can always talk to me about anything!

One of our favorite sayings while I was in treatment was from our nurse who always told us to: Be gentle with ourselves. And the other was the saying: "A slip is not a fall, and a lapse is not a relapse."

Megan

meganelizabeth

Back to top Go down