Beautiful Beyond the Pain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing myself

3 posters

Go down

Introducing myself Empty Introducing myself

Post by AmberSchlaht Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:57 am

Hi, my name is Amber. I am 36 years old. I live in Grand Prairie, TX. I have a sweet husband named Ben and a little 4 legged fur kitty named Belle!

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 2.5 years ago. I have had one re-sectioning surgery in August 2013. I am currently on no medication for Crohn's. This isn't by choice, but because of my other illnesses and the medications required for them.

So glad this forum and website is now created and can't wait to meet others!!!!! Very Happy

AmberSchlaht

http://everybodysgottagetaway.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself Empty Introduction

Post by lantonoff Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello Amber! I will follow suit.

My name is Leah. I am 24 years old, live in Atlanta, GA, and have the cutest 1 year old Yorkie who is also a service dog. She can detect my blood sugar getting low before I can.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's originally in 2005. I am currently using Remicade to remain in remission - if only this controlled all my symptoms. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Adrenal Insufficiency, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc. but the GI is my main limiting factor in my life currently.

Alexandria Davidson and I met at Children's Health Care of Atlanta during my first hospitalization when I was 15. She told me not to be scared of my gut. That has stuck with me ever since. The Davidsons have been my guiding light since that day and the main reason I continue to fight.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the diseases, BBTP, or any medications/treatments you are considering or would like to know if I have tried.

Leah @ Antonoff . net

Stay beautiful, stay strong!

Leah

Last edited by lantonoff on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added name)

lantonoff

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself Empty Re: Introducing myself

Post by meganelizabeth Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Thought I'd be the third to introduce myself Smile

I'm Megan, I'm 27, and live in Cary, North Carolina.

I have suffered with IBD for 12 years. I was originally diagnosed with UC & had the 3-step surgery done to create a JPouch. After years of complications, I was re-diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I have had 5 ileostomies over the past ten years, and my current one was made permanent this past January. I've had 23 major abdominal surgeries and have had a lot of my small intestine removed along with my colon.

I've been on Remicade for the past couple of years and it has been a lifesaver for me.

I also have hypothyroidism, PCOS, and a past history of an eating disorder.

Can't wait to connect with others and please know I'm always here for anyone!

meganelizabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberSchlaht Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:38 pm

So good to see you two in here!!!!

AmberSchlaht

http://everybodysgottagetaway.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down